What is a Design Consultation?
An Interior Design Consultation is when you meet with a Designer to discuss all your design needs, and questions. The Designer will meet you in your home, at your place of business, or at our office in Lakefield.
Why do I need a Design Consultant?
Whether it be a small question on colour selection or furniture layout, to something bigger, like help on a renovation project, or guidance with a contractor, an Interior Designer can provide invaluable advice. A professional who has the experience and knowledge of specific products, worked on similar projects and knows the exact trades-person for the job can help move your project on quickly and seamlessly.
What should I bring to our first meeting?
- A wish list- items, rooms, ideas, that you would like to see in your home, or space.
- Collect images from magazines or online sources such as, Houzz, or Pinterest.
- Bring any blueprints or floorplans, in hardcopy or digital for the Designer.
- Consider what your style is, the colours that appeal to you, as well as style of furniture.
- Think about how you use the space now, and how you would like to use it when the project is finished.
- Establish a time frame, a general idea of when you would like to see the project complete.
- Having a budget is ideal, this allows the Designer to make the right suggestions, give advice and evaluate the project as a whole.